- Defining your role and how facilitators work
- Establishing ground rules
- Content and process
- Type of thinking
- Dealing with controversial issues and divergent perspectives
- Communication skills
- Common facilitation techniques
- Giving effective feedback.
- The language of facilitation
- Dealing with dynamics
- Building sustainable agreements
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish facilitation from instruction and training;
- Identify the competencies linked to effective small group facilitation; and
- Explain the difference between content and process.